18 Jun 2019
Setting Up Newsreaders
-- Entire Support Site --
Add to Favorites
1) Download NewsLeecher from the following site:
2) Run the downloaded file, and follow the instructions to setup NewsLeecher. After setup, use the following steps to configure NewsLeecher.
1) Please go to "Servers" option, select
"Add New Server".
2) Under "Server Setup":
Enter one of the following for "Server Address":
i) news.astraweb.com, or
i) us.news.astraweb.com (for North American users) or
ii) europe.news.astraweb.com (for european users)
Set the number of connections to 6.
Check "Server Requires Login"
Enter your Username/Password provided by Astraweb
6) NewsLeecher is now setup with your username/password and our server. You can now login to our server.
Getting the list of newsgroups from our server
1) Select the "Manager" tab, and click "Fetch Entire Group List" to retrieve the list of groups available on our servers.
2) Please wait up to 5 minutes for all the groups to be downloaded. You only need to do this once. Once your software has downloaded all the newsgroups, it will look like the following screen. Right-click on any groups that interests you and select "Subscribe".
3) The next step is to get the headers for your selected newsgroup. Please right-click a newsgroup, and select "Update", then "Selected: All New Headers".
4) Please wait a few minutes for the articles to be downloaded. You will be presented with a similar screen of articles. You can then read the articles or download the attachments.
5) To download an attachment, right-click the file, and select "Leech".
These steps are intended to help you get started quickly. They are not the instructions for full usage of NewsLeecher. Please refer to
for more advanced usage & features.
Submit a Ticket
Astraweb Usenet Server is intended for personal use only. Commercial use is prohibited.