18 Jun 2019
Setting Up Newsreaders
BinTube (Win & Web)
-- Entire Support Site --
Add to Favorites
BinTube (Win & Web)
Download BinTube Media Player
1) Download BinTube Media Player from the following site:
2) Run the downloaded file, and follow the instructions to setup BinTube Media Player. After setup, use the following steps to configure BinTube Media Player.
Configuring BinTube Media Player
1) Go to "Options" and select "Server Settings...".
2) For the "Server Address", please type either one of the following:
i) news.astraweb.com or
ii) europe.news.astraweb.com (for european users)
3) Check "Server Requires Login" box, and enter your Astraweb username and password.
4) You can use "Port" 119, 23, 1818, or 8080.
5) For Unlimited and DSL Unlimited Users, we suggest you enter 8 for the "Connections" field. (The max allowed for this account type is 20)
For Pay by Download Users, please enter 10 for the "Connections" field. (The max allowed for this account type is 50)
6) BinTube Media Player is now setup with your username/password and our server. You can now login to our server.
Downloading from Usenet using BinTube Media Player
1) Enter a search term in the search field and press enter.
2) The search results will instantly appear in your default browser window. You can fine tune your search even further on the results page.
3) Click on the green arrow to the left of the desired result. BinTube Media Player will open right away and start the download.
4) Pictures, Video and Audio files will appear on the playlist and will stream as the download is taking place. Any other file types will be downloaded to your computer and can found by opening the View menu and selecting “Downloaded Files…”
These steps are intended to help you get started quickly. They are not the instructions for full usage of BinTube Media Player. Please refer to
for more advanced usage & features.
Submit a Ticket
Astraweb Usenet Server is intended for personal use only. Commercial use is prohibited.